A barbecue is the best method to put on a spread for guests, whether you’re having a small unplanned gathering of friends, or a household feast that is full-on. It’s social and laid back, additionally an opportunity which is very good to go and try to do something a little different and imaginative with the methods of your cooking. Just take the anxiety out of the procedure this summer with eight fundamental steps towards gaining the barbecue that is perfect and tasty.
- One: Clean as well as preheat your barbecue Allow ten to twenty minutes for an electric or gas barbecue to up preheat; also allow up to 45 minutes for a charcoal barbecue (until the coals are covered with a layer of ash). Cook on charcoal, rather than briquettes. It heats more uniformly and has a much more desirable aroma that is natural.
- Two: Handle your meals with respect It is vital to treat the ingredients with the same respect as you would in the kitchen if cooking in the kitchen at home. allow the meat to rise to room temperature for at the least 20 minutes before cooking. Brush the meat with oil to help with the searing process and to prevent sticking.
- Three: Careful seasoning of the protein is very important Either marinate the meat upfront, or sprinkle with natural herbs and pepper. It is best to salt the meat after cooking, not before, as salt draws out the juices and prevents the meat from browning correctly.
- Four: Never rush a steak Cook your steak slowly until browned, and turn gently only once. Use long tongs in the place of a fork, which could pierce the meat and allow valuable juices to escape.
- Five: Don’t overcook it To prevent charred, leathery, dried out meat and ensure even cooking, use the 60/40 method. Cook the meat for 60 percent of the time on one side, then turn and cook the other side for the remaining 40 percent of the time. As soon as the meat browns, it should be moved further away from the heat source, so that the inside can cook without the outside burning.
- Six: Check that the food is properly cooked – to check for ‘doneness’, take the meat from the heat source and place on a clean plate. Press the meat lightly with the point of your finger. Rare meat will be soft and supple, well-done should feel firm, and medium fit in between. A meat thermometer is priceless for checking larger cuts of meat.
- Seven: Rest the meat before serving Once the meat is cooked, it must be rested properly. Throughout resting, the temperatures within the meat fuse, with the juices in the middle moving to the outside so it remains warm, juicy and tender throughout. Place the meat on a rack so it doesn’t sit in its own juices. You can cover with foil and leave in a warm place for up to 20 minutes.
- Eight: Use marinades For additional depth and flavour, try marinating the protein prior to cooking it on the barbecue.